All documentation was originally made for ILWIS 3.0/3.1 and is largely still relevant and useful for ILWIS 3.7/ILWIS 3.8. In addition, ILWIS 3.8 has new visualization functionality and a Visualization Reference Document. The ILWIS 3.0 User's Guide is intended for those who want to know how ILWIS 3.0 is used in basic GIS and Image Processing operations. It trains the skills you need to work with ILWIS, including explanations and procedures for first time users in addition to topics for more advanced users. It provides numerous exercises to practice GIS techniques and Image Processing operations and can be used both by persons that want to learn how to work with ILWIS by themselves, or in a course environment.
- When working with the ILWIS 3.1 software, see the document:
How to use the ILWIS 3.0 User's Guide with ILWIS 3.1
- For advanced case studies, please use the ILWIS 2.1 Applications Guide
|ILWIS 3.1 and beyond|
|Quick introduction to ILWIS 3.1||Data (.ZIP)||679 kB|
|Introduction to ILWIS 3.1 (in Chinese)||use same data as above|
Unesco-Rapca, Capacitación en SIG, Ejercicios SIG (in Spanish)
|Data (.ZIP)||1.0 MB|
Tips on the use of PDF and ZIP files
By simply clicking the links in the table above, you can:
- Directly view text of an individual chapter of the ILWIS 3.0 User's Guide on your screen as a .PDF file.
- Download text of an individual chapter of the ILWIS 3.0 User's Guide as a .PDF file.
To view or print the contents of a .PDF file, you need to have installed Acrobat Reader.
- Download text of all chapters of the ILWIS 3.0 User's Guide as a .ZIP file.
The .ZIP file contains all .PDF files of the ILWIS 3.0 User's Guide.
- Download data of exercises described in a chapter of the ILWIS 3.0 User's Guide as a .ZIP file.
A data .ZIP file contains all ILWIS maps and tables to start the exercises of a ILWIS 3.0 User's Guide chapter.
To extract files from a .ZIP file after a download, you need to have installed WinZip.