Implementing new concepts and technologies
A highly qualified team of Geo-IT experts supports the development and use of high quality software solutions in all fields of Geo-IT applications.
- SDI Software Architectures
- Application of Sensor Web Technologies
- Delivering and Processing Near Real-time Sensor Data
- Management of (Heterogeneous) Observation Data and Metadata
- Distributing and Sharing Geoprocessing Tools
- Web-based and Cloud-based Geoprocessing
- Analysis of Observation Data Sets
- Controlling/Securing the Access to Geospatial Web Services
Want to manage and share your Sensor Observation Data via distributed infrastructures?
We help to select the best technologies for managing and publishing observation data on the Web. Based on our stack of open source software and our experience with a broad range of database solutions, we will help you to design a solution that fits best to you individual requirements.
Want to increase the value of your own observation data sets?
With our comprehensive experience on data analysis (e.g. geostatistics, event processing) and visualization technologies, we help you design and build custom applications for presenting and exploring your data sets.
Want to build a Sensor Web infrastructure?
We will help you identify relevant requirements, select appropriate tools and develop a strategy for seamlessly integrating Sensor Web components into your existing IT landscape (e.g. Sensor Web enabling your existing observation data bases).
Performance problems? Runtime too long?
We analyze geoprocessing workflows and develop concepts to optimize them.
Is your workflow spread over different geoprocessing tools that need efforts to connect them?
We develop concepts to integrate geoprocessing tools relying upon different technologies.
Do you have existing geoprocessing workflows that need automatization?
We have Web Processing Services for existing processing tools.
Need to visualize your Observation Data?
We develop clients to explore, analyze and visualize data.
Need to fulfill reporting obligations?
We can help enable interoperable reporting data flows based on relevant standards, such as the INSPIRE Directive and domain-specific reporting requirements (e.g. the European AQD (air quality) e-reporting).
Do you have new sensors or Internet of Things devices that you want to integrate into your IT infrastructure?
We help enable integration of new IoT devices into your infrastructure. Based on open standards and our comprehensive set of tools, we will help you design and implement efficient data flows.
Need specially adapted tools?
We build tools and solutions for your needs. This includes developing software architectures, standardized web services, customized tools…
- Sensor Web components for managing, storing, visualizing, or analyzing observation data sets
- INSPIRE compliant tools for sharing observation data
- Customized geoprocessing tools for Web Processing Services
- Tools for analyzing your observation data sets (e.g. based on R)
Contact our experts.
Need help getting started?
52°North offers training across the fields we research and and the tools we use – tutorials, best practices, workshops…
- Introduction to Sensor Web Technology: introduction to Sensor Web concepts, including underlying OGC Sensor Web Enablement standards (e.g. OGC Sensor Observation Service, ISO/OGC Observations and Measurements, OGC Sensor Model Language)
- Introduction to Web-based Geoprocessing: introduction to state of the art concepts for Web-based Geoprocessing. This includes the OGC Web Processing Service standards, as well as relevant REST-APIs
- Analyzing observation data with R
- Optimizing databases for large observation data sets
- Enabling INSPIRE compliant access to observation data sets
Get in touch to shape a personal program and format that suits your needs and budget.