Are you interested in becoming a 52°North software contributor? Please follow these six steps!
- If you haven’t already done so, contact the code manager responsible for the software to which you would like to contribute.
- Download the 52°North Contributor License Agreement.
- Read it carefully. Check the FAQs if you have any questions.
- Fill out, print twice and sign the 2 copies of the CLA. There are two ways you can contribute:
- as a private person, acting on behalf of yourself. In this case, please fill out the form with your name and private address and print out and sign two copies.
- as a representative, acting on behalf of an organization, e.g. for your employer or contractor. In this case we need a CLA signed by your employer or contractor and a confirmation that you’re acting on his/her behalf. Please fill out this CLA with the name and address of the organization for which you work and have one of the organization’s signatories sign, i.e. make sure that the one who signs is actually mandated to act on behalf of the organization. Please let the organization provide you with a confirmation letter that you’ll commit to the 52°North repositories on behalf of the organization. If your employer or contractor has any questions, we’ll be happy to help.
- Send the signed copies and, in the case of 4.2, the confirmation letter, along with your name and address to:
52°North Initiative for Geospatial Open Source Software GmbH
48155 Muenster, Germany
We will then send you a signed copy in return.
- Send an email to and the community lead with the following information:
- Community of interest
- GitHub user name (if applicable)
- Software project (if applicable)
Your information will be reviewed and forwarded to our IT support who will contact you with your account information.