Import ILWIS functionality into Python and write high level scripts for multi-source geoprocessing in a standard scripting environment! The ILWIS community has released a Beta version of the ILWIS Python extension.
ILWIS Python Extension – ILWIS functionality via Python Scripts
Ilwis-objects is the framework that forms the foundation of a new line of software products for spatial analysis and computation. The Python extension is the first member of this line. The extension gives access to:
- advanced raster calculator
- many routines for analysing data
- tools for finegrained access and iteration over your data
- seamless integration of different data formats for both reading and writing
- easy integration with other Python extensions
Ilwis-objects support the well documented ILWIS-script. This enables ILWIS users to write processing scripts, instead of hardcoded plugin functionality. The user can import the ILWIS functionality into Python and write high level scripts for multi-source geoprocessing in a standard scripting environment, possibly running on different platforms.
Documentation is under development. In time, more documentation will be available here.