GEONETCast Toolbox version 1.7
The XML version 1.7 of the GEONETCast Toolbox has been updated with various changes and additions. The most important are:
- All batch routines have been updated to reflect the changes in GEONETCast.
- There is a new version of the Data Manager, including the option DOY (Day Of Year).
- GDAL upgraded to version 1.11
- Removed INPE GOES-MSG Thermal Composite / SPOT VGT
- Updated FY from FY2D/2E to FY2E/2F, removed TSG and 120hr products from BBT and OLR, for FY derived PRE (_006 and _024). For high rain rates there is still a mistake in the data source!
- Added NOAA and METOP A/B AVHRR creation of quicklooks (also for the EARS service): Added NOAA AVHRR in main Menu for AVHRR processing and creation of quicklooks. Added installation instructions for “METOP-A AVHRR quicklook picture” option under menu METOP A/B item.
- uses xrit2pic:download setup_xrit2pic_cmd.exe from: http://www.alblas.demon.nl/wsat/software/winsoft_msg.html to temporary directory
- download setup_gtk20dll.exe from: http://www.alblas.demon.nl/wsat/software/winsoft_msg.html to temporary directory
- download setup_decompr.exe (JPEG and wvt decompression libs ) from: http://www.alblas.demon.nl/wsat/software/winsoft_msg.html to temporary directory
- install xrit2pic_cmd to the same temp directory, repeat for setup_gtk20dll.exe – setup_decompr.exe and extract to the same directory
- copy xrit2pic_cmd.exe and 16 dll files to your ilwis directory \Extensions\GEONETCast-Toolbox\util\xrit2pic
NOTE: Polar orbit satellite tracks can be obained from: http://www.ssec.wisc.edu/datacenter/
- select from the left hand menu the option: ‘Polar Orbit Tracks’
- select your satellite, e.g. NOAA 18, 19, Metop A (MO2) and
- select the region of interest, e.g. Europe, Africa, and
- select the day and note the date-time of the overpass over your area of interest
Files available in GEONETCast:
- avhrr_20140805_124000_noaa19.hrp.bz2 : 1 minute LAC data (2048 columns by 360 lines)
- routine: NOAA19_LAC_quick_import.bat, routine creates map list and calculates day time colour composite, fixed colour stretch
- AVHR_GAC_1B_N19_20140805124003Z_20140805124303Z_N_O_201408051350 12Z.bz2: 3 minute GAC data (409 columns by 360 lines)
- routine: NOAA19_GAC_quick_import.bat: creates map list only, no further processing
- METOP AVHRR (METOP A – MO2):
- AVHR_xxx_1B_M02_20140805101003Z_20140805101303Z_N_O_2014080511432 0Z.bz2: 3 minutes scan full resolution (2048 columns by 1080 lines)
- routine: MetopA_quick_import.bat, creates map list and calculates day time colour composite, fixed colour stretch
- Added Eumetsat Advanced Retransmission Service (EARS) option for METOP A and METOP B AVHRR.
- 6 tiles of 360 lines are extracted and processed from raw HRP, tif created and visualized with IRFANVIEW control buttons for IRFANVIEW are V and H (vertical and horizontal rotation), + and – for zooming in and out respectively time stamp refers to end of scan time.
- Sample file names:
- AVHR_HRP_00_M02_20140822081500Z_20140822081600Z_N_O_20140822081654Z.bz2 (METOP-A)
- AVHR_HRP_00_M01_20140822081500Z_20140822081600Z_N_O_20140822081654Z.bz2 (METOP-B)
- Added LSA SAF Fire products for Euro and Africa Window
- Fire Detection and Monitoring product for both Euro and Africa windows, output class map. 0=water, 1 is land and 2=Land with Fire
- Fire risk map for the euro window only, for 3 forecasts (24, 48 and 72 hours). The routine checks if all 3 layers are available, else it aborts.
- 3 layers imported:
- Fire Weather Index, value map. Scaling used is 100
- Daily Severity Rating. Scaling used is 100
- Fire Risk map. Class map, less equal 0 =undefined, 10=low, 20=moderate and 30= high risk respectively
- 3 layers imported:
- Added import routines for Proba Vegetation:
- Africa: DMP and VPI dekadal products – including product specific scaling and offset
- Latin America: DMP, VCI and VPI dekadal products – including product specific scaling and offset
- Added GEOTif export for float data in menu under “to other applications /export to QGIS”. The purpose is to make it compatible with other software, like QGIS. If nodata exsists in the input data, first reclassify to e.g. value of -9999.Data in latlon corner coordinates is expected, so it should be entered in degree.decimals.
Uses powershell routine to display popup window. All routines are under sub directory ‘Extensions\GEONETCast-Toolbox\toolbox_startscript\import_export\’. No extensions of ilwis and geotif file are required.
- Added visualization of Dust products from Barcelona Dust Forecast Centre. Products are covering Northern Africa, Middle East and Europe for Dust Optical Depth, Dust Surface Concentration, Dust Load, Dust Dry and Wet Deposition and Dust Surface Extinction
- Added Import of GPM Level 2 rainfall (mm/hr) as 5 minutes orbit files for 1 hour
- Added Import of GPM GMI Temperature for S1 and S2 – for 1st BT channel. A point/raster map is created only!
- Removed the btool (bufrtool, from Northern Lighthouse) routine and replaced it with bufrextract (http://www.elnath.org.uk/). This version (0,2,7) is only available for 64 bits OS! The following routines are affected: Ascat wind bufr data, ADNET bufr data, MSG MPEF bufr data, MFG bufr data, MPEF MFG bufr data, RSS bufr data
- Included a new version of BufrDisplay version 0,7,5 see: http://www.elnath.org.uk/. This version is only available for 64 bits OS!