Time frame: 07/2015 - 01/2016
Description: The OGC Incident Management Information Sharing (IMIS) Internet of Things Pilot (IoT) Pilot – called IMIS IoT will prototype and demonstrate standards-based approaches to address a series of challenges that hinder effective use of large numbers of diverse sensors for use in emergency response and disaster response situations. Prototype capabilities will include ad hoc, nearly automatic deployment, discovery, and access to sensor information feeds, as well as derivation of actionable information in common formats for use in Computer Aided Dispatch, Emergency Operations Center, and GIS, as well as mobile devices.
52°North will be the editor of an IMIS Profile Recommendations for OGC Web Services Engineering Report. In addition, 52°North will develop
- a web processing service (WPS) for sensor data analysis and model data processing. The 52°North WPS will be extended to include an eventing profile and a process for sensor data processing.
- a web map service (WMS) serving basemap and IoT Feature layers and a web feature service (WFS). This components will be based on GeoServer.
Commissioned by:Open Geospatial Consortium, Inc.
- Open Geospatial Consortium, Inc. (OGC), USA
- Botts Innovative Research
- GEOHuntsville/ Exemplar City
- University of Melbourne
- 52°North GmbH, Germany