Time frame: 05.2012 to 01.2013
Description: OGC OWS 9 testbeds are part of OGC's Interoperability Program, a global, hands-on and collaborative prototyping program designed to rapidly develop, test and deliver proven candidate specifications into OGC's Specification Program, where they are formalized for public release. The content of OWS 9 initiatives are organized around threads which include Aviation, Cross-Community Interoperability (CCI), Security and Services Interoperability (SSI), OWS Innovations and Compliance & Interoperability Testing & Evaluation (CITE).
52°North participates in the Aviation, CCI and CITE threads.
- Aviation: 52°North’s task is to work on WPS implementation and documentation with respect to closing the gaps in the current specification. Particular focus is on on-demand processing of aviation data as an addition to the previously exercised data centric focus in the aviation domain.
- Cross-Community Interoperability (CCI): Data fusion and data provenance are the focus of 52°North’s activities. 52°North tackles the problems of merging geometries from various data sources and documenting the original data sources.
- Compliance (CITE): Development of SOS 2.0 and SPS 2.0 reference implementations that will be tested to become reference implementations.
Commissioned/Funded by:Open Geospatial Consortium, Inc.
- University of Muenster, Institute for Geoinformatics (IfGI), Germany
- Open Geospatial Consortium, Inc. (OGC), USA
- 52°North GmbH, Germany