The Sensor Web Community's envisions enabling real time integration of heterogeneous sensor webs into the information infrastructure, by:
- quickly discovering sensors (private or public) that can meet needs regarding location, observables, quality and ability to task
- obtaining sensor information in an understandable standard encoding
- readily accessing sensor observations in a common manner and in a form based on specifc needs
- tasking sensors, when possible, to meet specific needs
- subscribing to and receiving alerts when a sensor measures a particular phenomenon.
Our Mission is to help build the Sensor Web as a global infrastructure for observation data while acknowledging the "locality" of some sensor networks. We strive to achieve this by
- investigating the Sensor Web building blocks
- advancing the architecture models for geosensor networks
- creating more autonomy within the sensor networks
- supporting the standardization process to ensure interoperability between Sensor Web components.