The community is currently involved in the following projects.
- Intamap, a FP6 project that has created a web processing service for the automatic interpolation of sensor observation data.
- UncertWeb, an FP7 project that will realize the uncertainty-enabled model web.
- DETECT, an FP7 project to develop a methodology for optimising the design of monitoring systems for timely and effective decision making in an emergency.
- GeoViQua, an FP7 project to extend existing geo-portals by adding data quality indicators and quality-enabled search and visualisation tools.
- GMES4MINING, an IKT.NRW project to strengthen the support to all processes in prospection, exploration and monitoring for environmental protection and operational safety in mining using new methods and geographic information technologies.
The members or our research projects and the community members create software which exceeds a project's lifespan, resulting in the following software projects:
- gstat, one of the leading open source projects for geostatistical modelling, prediction and simulation.
- vardiag (maintained), an R package for interactive variogram diagnostics.
- sos4R, an R package that provides a client to retrieve data from a SOS.
- spacetime, an R package with classes and methods for spatio-temporal data.
- WPS4R - a processing backend for the 52°North Web Processing Service supporting the R language and environment.
- Several prototypical projects related to the uncertainty-enabled model web are under development but already available in the SVN: https://svn.52north.org/svn/geostatistics/main/uncertweb/.
- Greenland - a dynamic map viewer for uncertainty- and quality-aware geodata. It is developed within the research projects UncertWeb and GeoViQua.
- PostTIME - PostgreSQL extension for temporal dimension.