52°North GmbH's scientific and technical advisory board advises the company and the 52°North Communities in respect to scientific, organizational and technical questions arising from 52°North’s objectives. It also assesses the company's and the Partner Network's activities once a year and reports on this to the shareholders meeting.
Current board members are:
- Prof. Dr. Lars Bernard (chair), Professorship for Geoinformatics, Technische Universitaet Dresden, Germany
- Prof. Dr. Menno-Jan Kraak, Department of Geo-Information Processing, ITC, The Netherlands
- Prof. Dr. Antonio Krüger, Universität des Saarlandes and Deutsche Forschungszentrum für Künstliche Intelligenz GmbH, Saarbrücken, Germany
- Prof. Dr. Edzer Pebesma, Institute for Geoinformatics, Westfaelische-Wilhelms-Universitaet Muenster, Germany
- Günther Pichler, Business Development Manager ESRI Inc. - Europe, Middle East, Africa (EMEA) Group, ESRI Inc, USA.