Code sprint results in new WPS release
The Geoprocessing Community announces a new Web Processing Service release! The 52°North WPS 3.1.0 contains some WPS4R improvements, several bugfixes and results of the Code Sprint with USGS/CIDA and TU Dresden. The 3.1.0 version includes the WPS Client API 3.1.0. In addition, the WPS Process Development Kit was updated to version 3.1.0.
New features include:
- Improved stability and performance
- Clean handling of POSTed requests:
- Requests are now limited to 128Mb (DoS check).
- Added support for POSTed mimetype of "application/x-www-form-urlencoded" with parameter "request" and the value containing the xml payload (not part of WPS specification but "courtesy" functionality for demos usingweb-forms)
- Clean results servlet
- New HTTP response headers:
- "Content-Disposition" for all non-xml reponse types (if response parsed in browser, this will force a "Save as..." dialog) "Content-Length" when available from database XML now reformated to remove identation unless response is requested as attachment (in which case, it's added)
- Added support for "attachment" GET KVP argument for explicit use of "Content-Disposition" header
- For "xml" mimetypes, added explicit headers required to disable aggressive caching in IE
- Support for xs:anyURI
New developer features are:
- End-to-End functional testing
- Refactored base classes from implementation in Server and IO modules
- Clean handling of ExecuteResponse handling and Database updated
- Support for implementation of Java algorithm with annotations DescribeProcess derived from annotations
- Automated unbinding of inputs and binding of outputs
- Improved thread safety and concurrency behavior
- Analyzed dependencies:
- Updated old dependencies,
- Removed unused dependencies.
- Improved database:
- Added ability to report response Content-Length to IDatabase
- Added ability to store and return requests to IDatabase
- Added ability to gzip stored data to FlatFileDatabase
- Added 7 day expiration/file wipe to responses stored in FlatFileDatabase
A detailed list of the changes is available here.
WPS test instances are available here.