The Kickoff Event for six threads of the Testbed 12 Interoperability Initiative recently took place at the USGS Headquarters in Reston, VA. 52°North participated as one of the technology providers.
The threads are sets of spatial interoperability requirements that will be addressed in the testbed to support the following:
• Command Center (CMD)
• Compliance (CMP)
• Consolidation (CNS)
• Field Operations (FO)
• Large-Scale Analytics (LSA)
• Linked Data and Advanced Semantics for Data Discovery and Dynamic Integration (LDS)
52°North has the task of providing the following Engineering Reports:
- Big Data Database ER,
- REST Architecture ER,
- Asynchronous Services Response ER,
- LiDAR Streaming ER,
- Low Bandwidth & Generalization ER,
- WPS Conflation Service Profile ER.
These are documents presenting technology issues that are being considered in the OGC Working Groups. In addition, 52°North is responsible for developing the following components:
- LiDAR Streaming Client,
- SOS Compression (LiDAR) Server,
- WPS Generalization Implementation,
- WPS REST (conflation) Server,
- WPS SOAP (asynchronous) Server.
The kickoff meeting for the Aviation thread was held in January.