The EUROFLEETS II project announces a workshop on Sensor Web Enablement (SWE) for Oceanography on March 15, 2016. It takes place during the Oceanology International 2016 in London, UK. 52°North's Simon Jirka will explain Sensor Web Enablement (SWE) and its components (SensorML, O&M, SOS), introduce PUCK as an alternative, describe state of the art technology and provide a number of examples.
- 13.30 – 13.40 Registration
- 13.40 – 13.55 Introduction by Dick M.A. Schaap – MARIS (Netherlands)
- 13.55 – 14.15 The Eurofleets2 on board data management system (EARS) development by Jordi Sorribas – CSIC (Spain)
- 14.15 – 14.35 Sensor Web Enablement (SWE) standards by Simon Jirka – 52°North (Germany)
- 14.35 – 14.55 Importance of Controlled Vocabularies by Alexandra Kokkinaki – NERC-BODC (United Kingdom)
- 14.55 – 15.25 Break
- 15.25 – 15.45 The X-Domes project by Janet Fredericks – WHOI (USA)
- 15.45 – 16.05 Presentation by industry 1 – tbd
- 16.05 – 16.25 Presentation by industry 2 – tbd
- 16.25 – 17.00 Panel discussion and wrap-up by Dick M.A. Schaap – MARIS (Netherlands)
Who can attend?
The Workshop is open for everybody. Target persons are developers and managers of operational oceanography observing systems on board of vessels and on networks of observation platforms; manufacturers of observation instruments and manufacturers of observation platforms; marine and ocean data managers. Please register in advance.
Registration: Please complete the Doodle with your name, affiliation and email address at